Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tron: The final decision.

Don't buy it.
If you want to see it you can rent it or borrow it from someone who foolishly paid the money to actually buy a copy. I am sure some people like it enough to want to own their own copies, but it was not for me.
Much of what I have to say got put in my notes on the film so this will be a bit short and to the point.
I think that the story would have made a lot more sense had I seen the original "Tron" back in the 1980's but I cannot be sure because I have not seen it. The whole story line was kind of flimsy to me, it felt like they were just making it up as they went along. I was not able to pay attention for too long when watching it, though I do tend to have a short attention span when watching movies, so unless I am in a theater where there are no distractions it has to be a really good film to keep me paying attention at home. I did manage to make it through due to my note taking however. I digress.
The biggest problem I have is the ending. Flynn had no need to kill himself, that was just stupid though who blames him, for suicide, he had been stuck in a computer for 20 years. Next what is it exactly that made the ISO life forms so special, and why were they a threat to the perfection CLU sought to make? What good is that last one going to do in the real world. I would like a storyline that does not suck please.
I find that I cannot really comment on the cinematography itself much, that is not my area of expertise, though nothing is really, I do like a good story, all I have to say about the cameras is that it is what you would expect from this kind of movie nothing too fantastic.
This one was really just a bust for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment